Re: t and nil in pure memory?

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: t and nil in pure memory?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:05:43 -0800 (PST)

  >     There are *many* ways for the user to shoot herself in the foot and make
  >     her Emacs session completely unusable.
  >
  > We won't try all, but it is useful to catch some.  unintern is not
  > used a lot, so don't worry about the cpu time.

Please don't do it, it does not help ANYTHING.
This is just one minor way people can shoot themselves in a foot, but
compared to what you can do with, say, "fset" it's just a joke.

The original proposal was to make t and nil constant, with the thought
that this will provide some roadmap for being able to make a lot of
symbols constant, and that would have a real life speed benefit for
speeding up GC.

But not being able to unintern t and nil is not useful to anyone.