Re: limit the number of log entries displayed by C-x v l

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: limit the number of log entries displayed by C-x v l
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:27:45 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu writes:

 >   >         Stefan "still waiting for VCS to give me a "history of region
 > NN..MM"
 >   >                 command that will show the sequenece of patches with
 > their
 >   >                 commit logs that resulted in the lines between NN and MM"
 >
 > Dream on :-)

For git users it wouldn't be hard, actually.

The algorithm is a straightforward filter on annotate, and since
you have to do a diff anyway to get line numbers, Bob's yer uncle, you
just refuse to forget them as you go along.

You ought to suggest it on address@hidden; this is the kind of thing
that gets them all hot and bothered, leading to massive insomnia until
they have implemented a new branch format to support it.<0.5 wink>
Better do it before they catch Moratorium Fever, though!