Re: built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:59:40 -0500

> Aha.  I just thought that we should avoid x-, since there are many x- in use
> in the w32 port.  But maybe that was functions?  I'll fix this.

Regardless of how things currently are (we currently have a big mess in
this respect), we should follow the following convention:
- if it's a feature specific to X11, W32, NS, ... then use a name that
  starts with "x-", "w32-", "ns-", ...
- if it's a feature that makes sense everywhere, then don't use such
  a prefix (even if it's only implemented for some of the backends).

        Stefan