Truncate lines as a text property

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Truncate lines as a text property
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:51:39 +0100

Hi,

this is something like a feature request.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make truncate-lines a text property.

I have a couple of users in Org-mode who like visual-line-mode and line wrapping a lot, and I would like to support it better. However, for some tasks, line wrapping does not give the best results. For example in tables, which always look messy without line wrapping. Another example would be ASCII drawings and sometimes code examples.

I think this could be solved by making truncate-lines a text property. I could have turned off truncate-lines for the buffer as a whole, but turn it on for tables and similar structures using a text property.

Any comments, or even someone who would be interested to implement this?

- Carsten