eshell compatibility

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: eshell compatibility
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:40:34 +0100

Hi,

I have prepared patches, which let eshell run processes on remote hosts
better than today. Those patches use `file-remote-p' and
`start-file-process', both introduced in GNU Emacs 22 and 23, respectively.

Eshell contains a lot of compatibility code. Does it mean, eshell is
still synchronized upstream, and I must add compatibility code as well?
Or could I trust, that the version in trunk is used in GNU Emacs 23, and
anybody moving it out must add compatibility code herself?

Best regards, Michael.