Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:19:14 -0600

> Lennart Borgman writes:
>
>  > But maybe you can point to somewhere in the documentation?
>  >
>  > For example I would like to upload my local changes (which maybe never
>  > make it into Emacs, who knows) to a central repository to allow others
>  > easy access and to have a safe copy of them.
>
> One option is Launchpad[1] which provides many other services:
>
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.2.0/en/tutorials/using_bazaar_with_launchpad.html

Specifically, this section

http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.2.0/en/tutorials/using_bazaar_with_launchpad.html#publishing-your-changes

and the section "Personal branches" immediately following it are what
people should read to do this.

Branches published via Launchpad are world-readable by default and can
be merged to anywhere.  So as far as access to the changes goes, there
should be no difference between publishing on Launchpad and publishing
somewhere else.

> Footnotes:
> [1]  I am not affiliated with Canonical.

Footnotes: I am :-).

-K