[feature request] SOCK_SEQPACKET

From: Daniel Hackney
Subject: [feature request] SOCK_SEQPACKET
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:05:24 -0500

I'm currently working on Ezbl [1], an Emacs interface for the Uzbl [2]
web browser, and have hit a bit of a hitch. Uzbl communicates over a
socket connection using the SOCK_SEQPACKET socket type. I think they did
this because it preserves record boundaries, as opposed to
SOCK_STREAM. Regardless, I noticed that Emacs can't use the
SOCK_SEQPACKET type.

It doesn't seem like SOCK_SEQPACKET is used much, but it would be nice
to have, if only for completeness sake. I don't really know any C-level
Emacs programming (I'm pretty comfortable with Elisp), but I would be
willing to help out however I can if given some guidance and an overview
of what would need to be done.

Thanks!

[1] http://github.com/dhax/ezbl
[2] http://www.uzbl.org/