Re: subword-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: subword-mode
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:22:27 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> I just bumped into find-word-boundary-function-table, which lead me to
> its only user: cap-words.el.
>
> It seems both subword.el and cap-words.el provide the same feature (tho
> cap-words.el is obviously not good at advertising itself, ahem).

Given that it's only about 3 lines long, and apparently works by taking
advantage of some existing low-level mechanism, cap-words.el seems by
far the more elegant implementation...

However.... it doesn't seem to actually work correctly in many cases;
perhaps the low-level feature has bit-rotted?

E.g.: given the example word in the file "capitalizedWorDD", and turning
on `capitalized-words-mode', moving _backwards_ from the end of the
string with M-b stops at the first "D", then the "W', then the beginning
"c" -- that's correct except that it should have stopped at the second
"D" first.  However moving _forwards_ from the beginning with M-f, it
only stops at the second "D".

-Miles

--
Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own
opinion.