Re: van Emde Boas hash.

From: A Soare
Subject: Re: van Emde Boas hash.
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:14:51 +0000 (UTC)

> I have no idea what it is,
>
>         Stefan

I see in elisp manual so:

   * Lookup in a hash table is extremely fast for large tables--in
     fact, the time required is essentially _independent_ of how many
     elements are stored in the table.  For smaller tables (a few tens
     of elements) alists may still be faster because hash tables have a
     more-or-less constant overhead.

What algorithm uses the hash of elisp ? It is faster than van Emde?

I did look at the code, and I cannot understand the algorithm from
`make-hash-table'.