Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:10:21 -0500

    Aside from small additional space savings, for committers the
    advantage of a checkout over a stacked branch is that all of her
    commits are immediately reflected in the upstream master,

Another advantage is conceptual simplicity.

      The disadvantage is that all of her
    commits are immediately reflected in the upstream master, costing her
    the effort of managing the changes by hand while improving and testing
    them, because she can't commit until the patch is "good".

In what sense is this a disadvantage?  I don't see it.  I don't see
the benefit in doing commits to a local branch before the change is
finished.  If some people find that useful, I have nothing against
their doing it, but I can't see why I should go to that trouble.