Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 05:18:48 +0100

[This is a resend with a corrected header. Sorry if it appears as a
duplicated]

> Richard Stallman writes:
>
>  > I agree with [your] goals.  I think this proposal is not right for
>  > them.  It proposes a rather complex way of using bzr, which may be
>  > good for people writing medium to large changes, but is unnecessarily
>  > complex for most of the people who are looking for such a
>  > recommendation.
>
> OK.  I am not going to invest effort in diversifying the document,
> however.  Perhaps Óscar will merge his document into the main one.

Everytime I open a technical document and see that the vertical
scrollbar thumb fills a good chunk of its allowed space, I feel
relieved. So I prefer to keep my document on its own page, where it
looks shorter. Perhaps putting a text at the end of your document like
"if you think that this is insanely complicated there is a simpler, less
powerful approach described on BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs"

BTW, you don't advertise any Emacs package for working with the
distributed workflows. The only one I know for Bazaar is DVC [1], which
looks quite useful although with some rough edge. Maybe it is a good
idea mentioning it.

1: http://www.xsteve.at/prg/index.html

--
Óscar