Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:41:38 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

>> Okay. Your experience trumps over my reasoning. Page deleted.
>
> Hmm.  I think we have been editing simultaneously!

You resuscitated the page 25 minutes after I deleted it.

> Here's what I just did:
>
>   * Removed all the alternate scenarios and stacked-branches talk from
>     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs, leaving just the one
>     workflow for regular contributors.  I hope this simplifies the page
>     a lot, and makes it clear that it is intended to give a single,
>     recommended workflow.

[snip]

That's good idea. The shorter the document is, the less daunting it
looks. Moving alternate workflows to other page instead of deleting them
was good idea too, IMHO, although I guess that deleting them would be
more appropriate from Stephen's POV.

>   * On http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs, I've
>     moved the recommendation to try the "regular contributor" workflow
>     (i.e., BzrForEmacsDevs) to the top, and strengthened it.

[snip]

Your changes looks okay to me. Nevertheless, if you still think that
BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs will create more problems than solutions on
the transition, go ahead and send it back to the heaven of the wiki
pages.

--
Óscar