Re: Making the tarball with bzr data (was: bzr repository ready?)

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Making the tarball with bzr data (was: bzr repository ready?)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:11:27 +0100

If I already have all the Emacs files locally (possibly with some
changes) how do I do to make this a bazaar thing? (This must be the
most common situation, or?)

In any case you need to get the official emacs bazaar repository
first.

If you have personal changes, create a branch.

Then, either:
1) copy your changed files over the ones in that branch
2) commit the resulting change as one single patch.

Or, if you have more than one change and want to have separate
commits for each, use a merge tool such as WinMerge:
1) compare your directory tree with the new development branch
2) For each feature:
   - copy the relevant chunks that affect the feature
   - commit with some message
   - repeat 2) until no differences are left.

Then you could publish your branch for others to test or improve.

HTH, grischka