Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:36:34 +0200

> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:37:06 -0600
>
> is there any reason you didn't just make the change, though?

These are largely a matter of methodology: how to present this subject
to Emacs developers.  With all the differences of opinions on issues
like this between myself and almost everybody else that we've seen
lately here, I lost confidence that such changes will be welcome.

> >  . "Other Resources" should be at the beginning.  Someone who looks
> >    for a CVS-like way of doing things should not be required to read
> >    through such a long document to find the alternatives near the end.
>
> I was already planning to move the "quick start" links to the beginning,
> along with some explanation.  The other other resources can stay where
> they are, I think.

In that case, at least mention right at the beginning that whoever
looks for something like that will find it near the end.