Re: Making the tarball with bzr data

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Making the tarball with bzr data
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:33:58 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Why do I have to copy the files?
>
> Because the files are but a small part of the data that Bzr will want.

Does not that depend on if I want/need the history data locally? If I
do not want to use it at all?

>> Why can't this setup be done with the already existing files?
>
> It can, but then you need to know which Bzr revision corresponds to the
> files you have.

In that case wouldn't it be possible to let bzr assume that the my
files are checked out from the current revision and then changed? (As
a separate command of course, for use in those circumstances where it
might make sense.)

>> Now I believed that since bzr is a new modern system it would of
>> course have thought of that kind of situation. I am a bad manual
>> reader so I had probably just not understod how to do it... - it is of
>> course possible to update the files using only bzr. That was my
>> believe.
>
> That is the case if your zip file is a zip of the checkout Bzr tree
> (probably a lightweight checkout so it isn't bloated by a complete copy
> of the whole history), in which case it'll include a .bzr directory with
> the necessary metadata.

Thanks.