Re: Emacs 23.2 pretest freeze?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2 pretest freeze?
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:48:58 -0500

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> In [1], Alan MacKenzie suggested we wait until the 23.2 pretest is out
> before switching to Bazaar, and said he thought the pretest was close --
> end of the month or so.
>
> Is it almost ready?
>
> The thread starting at [2] also implies the end of November.  The most
> recent exchange in that thread is [3], also with Alan, in which he says
> his CC mode changes should be done by the end of the month (Yidong
> replies "OK").  I don't know where that stands.

We're mostly waiting for Alan's code to land now.  Hopefully in a week
or so.

That said, I'm still uneasy about the status of message-mode as default;
I'm not sure we've done enough to smooth the transition from mail-mode
as default.

(One more thing: sometime after the feature freeze and the start of the
pretest, I will add one additional piece of code: the Python parser for
Semantic.  We're currently waiting for the paperwork.  This is an
extremely self-contained part of Semantic, so it should not impact the
pretest.)