Re: Strange response after merge from upstream

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Strange response after merge from upstream
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:58:35 -0500

> From: Óscar_Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 05:56:35 +0100
>
> merge -pull does this:
>
> if branches-diverged?
>   yes: merge  (you need to explicitly commit afterwards)
>   no : pull   (no need to commit)
>
> > would it avoid the "1 extra revision" in the output of "missing"?
>
> Yes, because your quickfixes/ branch did not diverged from the branch
> you pulled from, so it will do a `pull', like you did on your trunk
> branch.

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work here: after "bzr pull" in trunk/
and "bzr merge --pull" in quickfixes/, "bzr missing" still says that I
"have 1 extra revision(s)" and cites the commit from yesterday.  That
could be understandable, but it also says I'm "missing 27 revision(s)"
and seems to show the changes just merged from the trunk.

Does this happen because of yesterday's "commit" after "merge"?  Do I
understand correctly that, to get rid of this, I need to "merge --pull"
all the way, and even a single "merge; commit" will force the branches
to diverge no matter what?  Is there a way of ``resyncing'' the branch
with the trunk, so that "bzr missing" shows no missing/extra
revisions?

Or did I do something wrong?