Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 07:42:49 +0100

> Stefan Monnier writes:
>
>  > > A system for storing named bookmarks (locations) so you are not forced
>  > > to write the same cumbersome URLs again and again and use names instead
>  > > would be very handy. I don't know how much work this requires.
>  >
>  > This really belongs in `bzr' in my opinion.  `git' is a lot better in
>  > this respect.
>
> Doesn't bzr's branch nickname feature serve here?

Not really. Bazaar has no problems working with multiple branches with
the same nick and, unless you explicitly name them with `bzr nick
<name>', the nick will be the same as the parent's. OTOH, the nick
doesn't tell bazaar the location of the branch.

AFAIK, git has a bookmark system built-in. There is a plugin for bazaar,
but I don't know how well it works.

[snip]

--
Óscar