Emacs leaves many .#file symlinks even after exiting from Emacs (relate

From: Ken H.
Subject: Emacs leaves many .#file symlinks even after exiting from Emacs (related to file-locking)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 01:07:33 -0800

I cannot identify exactly under what conditions it occurs, but
Emacs (I'm using CVS emacs on 2009-09-11, but would probably
happen under CVS HEAD as well) leaves a lot of symlinks of the
form:

 .#file -> address@hidden:boot_time

`filelock.c' is creating the symlink for file-locking purposes
but is failing to delete it.

Under my current directory consisting of 28 regular files,
I see three such instances:

  lrwxrwxrwx   1 ken   ken     25 Oct 22 17:07 .#foo -> address@hidden:1256147335
  lrwxrwxrwx   1 ken   ken     25 Dec  1 22:32 .#foo2 -> address@hidden:1259696496
  lrwxrwxrwx   1 ken   ken     25 Dec  1 22:39 .#foo3 -> address@hidden:1259696496

Is this a bug that happens to people other than myself?  Or is it
just me, who extensively use indirect buffers and work under
multiple frames?  Also, if any, how do I prevent Emacs from
creating such symlinks.

Thanks.