Re: Cannot open termcap database

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Cannot open termcap database
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:21:48 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> But at run time it tries to look for /etc/termcap which modern
>> distributions do not install (they install the terminfo database).
>
> Looks like you're right.  Maybe we should throw away src/termcap.c
> altogether, or only use it if a configure flag is given.

Of course, given modern systems, we could probably just include our own
termcap file (and a simple search path for searching for a termcap file
to use) with about 5 entries and cover 99% of uses...

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia