Re: git push/pull

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: Re: git push/pull
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:21:25 -0300

2009/12/5 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:
>> Below is the code, I sure there is a lot of room for improvement since
>> I consider an Emacs LISP newbie myself, but I guess is a good starting
>> point for a better implementation.
>
> I'll let git users decide whether they like your specific choices, but
> what I'd want on my side is to add support for it directly in vc.el
> (i.e. have `vc-push' and `vc-pull' commands which then delegate the
> core of the work to the backends.  You don't have to implement any
> other backend than Git).

Stefan, two diffs are attached in this reply.

The first adds vc-pull and vc-push to vc.el. I'm not sure if I'm
missing something in their definitions since I looked at the vc
package very quickly.

The second diff adds vc-git-push and vc-git-pull to vc-git.el. I
modified the how the completions are computed so they render the same
as when you try the git autocompletion from the terminal.

I played around a bit with these changes and seems to work OK.

Regards,
--
Fabián E. Gallina
http://www.from-the-cloud.com