Codifications of rules (was Re: bug#5119: ruby-mode binds TAB)

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Codifications of rules (was Re: bug#5119: ruby-mode binds TAB)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:55:58 -0800

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:
> It binds TAB to ruby-indent-line. That is against the rules. ;-)

Out of curiosity, are 'rules' like this codified anywhere?  As I've
started using Emacs seriously again, I've started noticing a lot of
little inconsistencies between extensions (e.g., how temporary windows
are displayed/destroyed).  I'd be happy to submit patches to help
improve this if someone could point out the correct behavior.