Re: faster unicode character name completion

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: faster unicode character name completion
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:59:33 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> BTW, a related problem: it would be better to hide old obsolete Unicode
>> names to not advertise them, but still allow completions on them.
>
> Note that for the code 0-31, it seems that the oldname is more useful
> than the new one (which ssems to just be "<control>" for all of them).
> Not sure if there are others in the same situation.

I've noticed that some of the old names use more common terminology,
even if the new names are more consistent/logical/whatever.

So maybe it'd be better to hide only old names that are specifically
identified as being redundant.

-Miles

--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson