Efficient debugging of the redisplay.

From: Alin Soare
Subject: Efficient debugging of the redisplay.
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:08:59 +0200

The only documentation about debugging the redisplay of emacs I did find in ./etc/DEBUG

** Debugging Emacs Redisplay problems

The src/.gdbinit file defines many useful commands for dumping redisplay
related data structures in a terse and user-friendly format:

 `ppt' prints value of PT, narrowing, and gap in current buffer.
 `pit' dumps the current display iterator `it'.
 `pwin' dumps the current window 'win'.
 `prow' dumps the current glyph_row `row'.
 `pg' dumps the current glyph `glyph'.
 `pgi' dumps the next glyph.
 `pgrow' dumps all glyphs in current glyph_row `row'.
 `pcursor' dumps current output_cursor.

However, this tells me nothing about an efficient debugging of redisplay_internal, and about display in general.

Could you suggest me something efficient, please?

Alin