Re: Out of tree builds

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Out of tree builds
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 12:59:51 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Hmm... then how does the byte-compilation work?
>
> When I try it, it goes from the build/src to src/lisp (rather than
> build/lisp) and then is asked to byte-compile with
> ../src/bootstrap-emacs which is absent.

I'm not sure what you mean by "goes from" ... Looking at
$BUILD/lisp/Makefile, the make rules all use absolute names to refer to
targets and sources in $SOURCE/lisp/... but while building, the CWD is
still going to be $BUILD/lisp (so ../src/xxx should refer to the "src"
dir in the build tree).

-Miles

--
Defenceless, adj. Unable to attack.