Re: Emacs 23.1.90 pretest

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1.90 pretest
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:46:18 +0100

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:33, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Doesn't compile because the *.elc files are already there and
> "bootstrap-clean" does not remove them, or doesn't compile because it
> wasn't told to do so, even if *.elc supplied with the tarball are
> removed?

Sorry, I didn't really made myself clear here.

The *.elc for lisp/cedet/semantic/*/*.el files are in the tarball.

The .BAT script that I use to bootstrap Emacs starts by cleaning the
source dir, removing *.elc, *.o, etc. I'm using the realclean target
etc., though after the switch I'll use "bzr clean-tree --unknown
--ignored --detritus"; the intent is having a clean checkout.

After that,

    cd nt
    configure
    make bootstrap
    make install

does not compile the semantic/*/*.el files.

    Juanma