Re: Fix for Cygwin/GSlice problem

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Fix for Cygwin/GSlice problem
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:31:24 +0100

Stefan Monnier skrev 2009-12-09 15.31:

I think it stopped because it came down to the way Cygwin handles
linking of malloc and friends.  I don't understand why Cygwin doesn't
allow an application to have its own memalign, but do allow it to have
its own malloc.

Maybe that's a bug in Cygwin's malloc.

It is missing code in the Cygwin dll:s. Code exists to allow applications to have their own malloc, but the equivalent code for memalign just returns ENOSYS. For some reason or another, they don't fix it.

        Jan D.