Re: ewoc patch

From: Tom Breton (Tehom)
Subject: Re: ewoc patch
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:23:16 -0500

> Keep only `separator', but with the added twist that a non-string,
> non-nil argument means the empty string (aka mean "nosep").  That should
> preserve backward compatibility with a mostly clean API.

Done.

> I think you're worrying for no good reason.  If you really want to
> handle version dependencies right, you don't want it in a Lisp variable
> but in a header understood and processed by some package manager (ELPA,
> for instace).  Otherwise, you'll have to deal (one way or another) with
> runtime checks, and in most cases the calling package will simply not
> work with an older version.

Yes, I have to deal with runtime checks.

Anyways, I have replaced the version variable with a variable called
`ewoc-provides-variable-separator' that is bound just if ewoc provides
a variable separator.  I hope that will satisfy.

Attached is
 * new ewoc patch against 23.1
 * test file

Thank you for your help, Stefan.