Converting end of lines from CRLF to LF

From: A Soare
Subject: Converting end of lines from CRLF to LF
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:13:07 +0000 (UTC)

I had access to cvs for windows. I downloaded the sources of emacs, and I tried
to apply a patch on. My surprise was to see that absolutely all the patches
failed: hunk failed.

I debugged patch more than 20 hours to understand how it works. Finally, I did
understand: it failed to match the context lines in the destination files, as
the end of line did not match.

I tried to convert all the sources of emacs that were downloaded using a cvs on
Windows, so the lines finish in CRLF.

I tried to convert all the sources using a script like that

for i in `find`; do if test -d $if; then mkdir -p $i; else tr -d
 "\015" <$i >/e/$i;done

I created the new directory structure, but during dumping emacs, temacs returns
error in loading internationalization.

That means that tr deleted the character 0xd somewhere inside the file, apart
from end of line. It is impossible to detect in which file it deleted something
tha it should have not deleted.

Any idea about how to make this conversion?

Alin