Re: Converting end of lines from CRLF to LF

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: Converting end of lines from CRLF to LF
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:34:41 +0100 (CET)

> > Any idea about how to make this conversion?
>
> The only sane way is to checkout in binary mode:
>
>    cvs ... co -kb emacs
>
> Sadly, this means you will have to remove the entire tree you have and
> checkout anew.
>
> To apply patches after that, make sure the patch is also in Unix
> format (e.g., by running the patch through dos2unix or some such), and
> then invoke Patch with the --binary switch.

Thank you. I never use Windows, but I bought a radio modem Qualcomm, that has
no driver for Linux. It works very well, and I can ue it even in th train. So
just for download, I have to use cvs for windows.

However, debugging the `patch` program was an interesting experiece.

Alin.

Venez faire le plein d’idées et remplir votre hotte de cadeaux sur
http://evenementiel.voila.fr/Noel/