Re: Ediff-patch-file with wrong default buffer

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Ediff-patch-file with wrong default buffer
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:54:18 +0200

> Sounds good. Are you going to install it while you are at it?

The GNU Diff manual defines the unified format which looks like this:

     --- FROM-FILE FROM-FILE-MODIFICATION-TIME
     +++ TO-FILE TO-FILE-MODIFICATION-TIME

but `git-diff' outputs in a format *similar* to the two-line traditional
unified diff format.

However, I see no problem with this patch for ediff-ptch.el.
So I installed it.  (Maybe diff-mode has the same problem because
it requires a tab after the file name, but currently I can't find
a test case that would reproduce the same problem for diff-mode).

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/