Re: FYI, infloop is actually at a higher level

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: FYI, infloop is actually at a higher level
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:33:13 +0100

Chong Yidong wrote:
> Jim Meyering <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I reported an unbreakable infloop in re_match_2_internal, but in fact,
>> C-g does break out of it.  It's just that immediately afterwards,
>> execution immediately returns to and gets stuck in that same
>> seemingly-infinite loop.
>
> If it's looping in Lisp, it probably needs to be debugged in Lisp.  Is
> there a simple way to reproduce this?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I see two problems:

  - re_match_2_internal does get into a seemingly infinite loop
    (minutes of CPU time in that function -- though I suppose it
    could merely be taking a very long time due to a pathological
    re/pattern pair)

  - going back into the same loop after C-g seems wrong

I'll try to narrow it down, but will be traveling for a couple
of days, so I probably won't get to it until next week.