Re: open large file with C code: is it realy should be so slow?

From: Dave Milter
Subject: Re: open large file with C code: is it realy should be so slow?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:51:53 +0300

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, Dave!
>
> I've got this problem fixed, and have committed the new versions of the
> CC Mode files (in particular, cc-engine.el, cc-mode.el, cc-defs.el,
> cc-fonts.el, cc-langs.el) to both the CC Mode project at
> http://cc-mode.sf.net/ and the main Emacs repository at
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/emacs/lisp/progmodes/.
>
> Normally, I'd send you a patch, but you reported the bug so long ago, and
> the patch would be enormous, so I think it's best if you could just
> download the new version.  If this is awkward for any reason, get back in
> touch and I'll email you the files.  Please try out this new version, and
> let me know if it's not up to scratch.
>
> Once again, thanks for the original bug report, and once again, sorry
> it's taken so long to fix.

Hi,

I tried emacs-cvs package from my Linux distributive.
M-x version says that it is GNU Emacs 23.1.90.1.

It much, much better then previous version, yes it still eats cpu,
during fast scrolling, but not continuosly, and stop eat cpu, after I
scroll all file.

But I faced with another problem, have no idea is it related to new
code in c-mode.

Time to time magic tab stop working.

For example, I have code like this
if (foo) {
}
I insert line after if (foo) {
if (foo) {
if (boo) {
}
tab not move "if (boo) {" to position with right indentation.

But if I kill buffer, and repopen file all works as expected.
I can not find way to constantly reproduce this bug,
this happened time to time, when I insert a couple of lines into
existing code, <tab> stop working in right way, I kill buffer,
open file again, and all works.