Re: Need help with search based font-locking

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Need help with search based font-locking
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:46:23 -0500

> + (defun lock-font-refresh-defaults ()
> +   "Refresh defaults and restart fontification.
> + Set defaults again as if function `font-lock-defaults' had not
> + been called and then restart fontification."
> +   (before-lock-mode -1)
> +   (kill-local-variable 'font-lock-set-defaults)
> +   (font-lock-mode 1))

I thought I was the only one who could muster so many typos in so few
lines.  BTW, the docstring should be more radical without reference to
internal functions like font-lock-set-defaults, as in "Restart,
recomputing everything from scratch" and then explain that it's
typically used to let font-lock react to external changes in variables
like font-lock-defaults and keywords.

        Stefan