Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:08:07 +0100

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 02:26, Giorgos Keramidas
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Installing and using the rebase plugin is easy on UNIX.

On the standalone installation for Windows, rebase is already included...

> This will install and make visible a few new commands:
>
>    $ bzr help commands | grep '^rebase'
>    rebase                  Re-base a branch. [rebase]
>    rebase-abort            Abort an interrupted rebase. [rebase]
>    rebase-continue         Continue an interrupted rebase after resolving
>    rebase-foreign          Rebase revisions based on a branch created with a
>    rebase-todo             Print list of revisions that still need to be
> replayed
>    $

though it seems to lack rebase-foreign:

C:\> bzr help commands | grep ^rebase
rebase                  Re-base a branch. [rebase]
rebase-abort            Abort an interrupted rebase. [rebase]
rebase-continue         Continue an interrupted rebase after resolving
conflicts. [rebase]
rebase-todo             Print list of revisions that still need to be
replayed as part of the  [rebase]

> I personally find this sort of workflow a bit useful when dealing with
> tiny changesets.  The final branch history of trunk is going to be much
> "cleaner" if we don't have thousands of tiny changesets followed by a
> merge commit after each small one.

A way to do the equivalent of "git rebase -i" would be nice, too.

    Juanma