Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:14:41 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>In my reading of some of the stuff in this thread, the annoyances were
>known, but solutions for them were not revealed on purpose, to avoid
>some potential confusion.  Apologies if I misunderstood.

I think you did misunderstand.

AFAIK, no one has withheld solutions to avoid confusing people.  Some of
us have sometimes declined to put certain solutions *into the
Emacs-specific intro doc we're maintaining*, on the grounds that we
didn't know (at that point) how widely useful the solution would be,
because the doc has to stay small enough to be digestible.  But that's
the same tradeoff any document must make.  It's not the same as
witholding solutions for the purpose you describe.  Where I can, I've
posted solutions on the list that I didn't (yet) put into the doc;
others have done so as well.