Re: Equivalent of release tags with bzr?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Equivalent of release tags with bzr?
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:46:42 +0100

> With CVS, I would tag each pretest with a cvs tag, with
> `cvs tag EMACS_PRETEST_XX_YY_ZZ'.  Now that we have moved to Bzr, what
> should be the corresponding procedure?

There's a "bzr tag" command. Isn't that what you're looking for?

Purpose: Create, remove or modify a tag naming a revision.
Usage:   bzr tag TAG_NAME

  --force               Replace existing tags.
  -v, --verbose         Display more information.
  -h, --help            Show help message.
  -q, --quiet           Only display errors and warnings.
  -d ARG, --directory=ARG
                        Branch in which to place the tag.
  --usage               Show usage message and options.
  -r ARG, --revision=ARG
                        See "help revisionspec" for details.
  --delete              Delete this tag rather than placing it.

  Tags give human-meaningful names to revisions.  Commands that take a -r
  (--revision) option can be given -rtag:X, where X is any previously
  created tag.

  Tags are stored in the branch.  Tags are copied from one branch to another
  along when you branch, push, pull or merge.

  It is an error to give a tag name that already exists unless you pass
  --force, in which case the tag is moved to point to the new revision.

  To rename a tag (change the name but keep it on the same revsion), run ``bzr
  tag new-name -r tag:old-name`` and then ``bzr tag --delete oldname``.

See also: commit, tags

    Juanma