first-class support for csharp in cc-mode.el

From: dino chiesa
Subject: first-class support for csharp in cc-mode.el
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:01:00 -0800

I don't have much experience with emacs-devel, but what would it take to get
csharp to be supported as a first-class (built-in) language in cc-mode?

The stuff done to support it in http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CSharpMode is
all via documented cc-mode c-lang-const things, and it seems to me these could
be folded into the cc-mode code without disturbing support for C/C++, Java, or
other cc-mode languages. I would guess that more emacs people are using C#
these days than CORBA IDL, which is supported in cc-mode.

I have no idea if this is a friendly proposal or not, but it would make things
nice for people who write C# and use emacs.

There are still a few issues with that C# mode - lambdas have no special
support, and the new dynamic keyword in .NET 4.0 isn't there (simple to add),
and there is the literal string thing I described in my other mail thread - but
mostly it works well.  Including this would provide a good baseline of support
in emacs for C#.

-Dino

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/