Re: first-class support for csharp in cc-mode.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: first-class support for csharp in cc-mode.el
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:39:31 -0200

> If the c-lang-const stuff is inadequate to support, say, C#, then I
> would prefer to amend CC Mode so that C# can be supported.

So you're moving towards a CC-mode which is more like
a "generic" engine?  That's good to hear.  Do you intend to then move
support for AWK, IDL, Java, etc.. outside of the core CC-mode as well?

> In fact, I've just thought of a way of fixing this: in an after-change
> function, splat the syntax (using syntax-table text-properties) of
> anything within @"....".

My experience leads me to recommend to only change the syntax of the
final \ (if any) rather than of everything.

        Stefan