Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:21:36 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:33:39 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> That said, what you propose could work, but of course it's quite
> hackish. Let's hope someday the rebase plugin will grow an option to
> rebase interactively, stopping before the commit.

Except that most experts on bzr I've read say rebasing is the wrong
way to go[1].  So I think we should not flee to that corner so easily,
upon bumping on the first problematic issue.

ChangeLog files will present a problem for feature branches and
quick-fix branches alike.  Though an annoyance, I don't see how it is
a problem significant enough to recommend rebase as the main vehicle
of routine work, given the downside of rebasing (rewriting history
etc.).

Am I missing something?

[1] http://fourkitchens.com/blog/2009/04/20/alternatives-rebasing-bazaar