Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:37:21 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 14:25, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please tell why not, perhaps I'll change my mind ;-)

It's already been said it, I think. Theoretically, ChangeLog is for
"physical" changes, and the commit log is for "logical" changes, as
Andreas pointed out. But that is difficult to enforce; so in order to
understand a given change, you already have to look at both (and,
sometimes, you *need* both to understand what's happened). It's better
IMO to put all relevant info together, even if that means duplicating
it. And that will ease the switch to a ChangeLog-less future, if and
when we someday decide that it is not really useful to maintain the
ChangeLogs anymore.

    Juanma