Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:14:39 -0500

address@hidden (Robert J. Chassell) writes:
>      http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/emacs-bzr-repository.tar.gz
>
>Thank you.  I downloaded it in 72 minutes.  I have taken longer getting
>my .emacs file OK but /usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs seems to work
>now.  My Enlightment menu does not, but we will wait on that.  I can
>start the emacs with a shell.  Next I am going to bootstrap it with the
>changes I got with a `bzr pull'.
>
>How do I avoid a shell and do it all in Emacs?

Oops, I'm not quite sure what the question is -- what's the "it" here?
Compile Emacs?  Update your local sources using bzr?  Something else?

(If it's the second one, I don't know the answer.  I stopped using VC
almost a decade ago because it didn't seem to be keeping up with the
changes in various version control systems I used.  I understand the
situation is much improved now, but I never went back to VC; I just run
'bzr' in an Emacs shell buffer.)

Best,
-K