Incorrect documentation for hi-lock-mode?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Incorrect documentation for hi-lock-mode?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 20:18:26 +0100

In "(emacs) Highlight Interactively" I read the following:

   Hi Lock mode works like Font Lock mode (*note Font Lock::), except
that you specify explicitly the regular expressions to highlight.  You
control them with these commands:

`C-x w h REGEXP <RET> FACE <RET>'
     Highlight text that matches REGEXP using face FACE
     (`highlight-regexp').  The highlighting will remain as long as the
     buffer is loaded.  For example, to highlight all occurrences of
     the word "whim" using the default face (a yellow background) `C-x
     w h whim <RET> <RET>'.  Any face can be used for highlighting, Hi
     Lock provides several of its own and these are pre-loaded into a
     list of default values.  While being prompted for a face use `M-n'
     and `M-p' to cycle through them.

     You can use this command multiple times, specifying various regular
     expressions to highlight in different ways.

It seems that this is incorrect. "C-x w" is undefined in the latest
Emacs. The documentation for the function `hi-lock-mode' says that the
bindings are the old familiar "M-s h r" etc. Is the documentation
above old and incorrect or am I missing something?

--
Deniz Dogan