Re: bookmark.el bug report

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: bookmark.el bug report
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:15:40 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:
>>There is one bug also in bookmark-bmenu-hide-filenames where you forget
>>to put properties on bookmark when rebuilding.
>>So after one use of hide-/show-filenames, bookmark-bmenu-bookmark
>>doesn't work anymore because bookmark have no properties.
>>
>>I sent a patch to Stefan.
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Can you please try with the latest bookmark.el
> and let me know an exact reproduction recipe, if you can reproduce?

It is working, but still fragile if you don't put properties on bookmark
when rebuilding in *-hide-filenames.

,----[ bookmark-bmenu-hide-filenames ]
| (while bookmark-bmenu-hidden-bookmarks
|   (move-to-column column t)
|   (bookmark-kill-line)
|   (let ((name  (pop bookmark-bmenu-hidden-bookmarks))
|       (start (point)))
|     (insert name)
|     (put-text-property start (point) 'bookmark-name-prop name)
|     (if (and (display-color-p) (display-mouse-p))
|       (add-text-properties
|        start (point)
`----

Also, in the same function,now you have a new variable, there is no need
to set column around bookmark title, just set it to this new variable.

,----[ bookmark-bmenu-hide-filenames ]
| (let ((inhibit-read-only t)
|       (column bookmark-bmenu-marks-width))
`----

Why `bookmark-bmenu-marks-width' is set to 1 and not 2?

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France