Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 14:39:18 +0100

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 04:46, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:

> Somebody like you who has a fair amount of DVCS knowledge already (I
> don't know how much that is exactly

Not much, though a lot more than a couple months ago :-)

> should look at pipelines
> (similar to Mercurial queues, and maybe Stacked Git) and looms.

Yes, I have both installed. But when you say

> neither pipelines nor looms are
> documented up to Bazaar's usual standards.

that's an understatement :-)  After reading "bzr help loom", the first
question is, well, what's exactly a loom and what it is good for?
There are too many assumptions and too few clear statements of purpose
and use cases. pipeline is slightly better documented.

    Juanma