Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:44:52 -0500

    You can change anything on the history of your private branch using a
    variety of techniques (being `bzr uncommit' the simplest one,) but we
    have to admit that changing the message of an arbitrary revision is
    something that can't be done due to the nature of DVCSs

How sad.

I wonder if we could provide a different feature which would
do the same job: namely, a way to enter a subsequent revision
which says, "This message replaces the commit message of revision N."
We could set it up so that the usual ways of looking at history
will do that edit, as if the commit message of revision N had been changed.
There would be an option to disable this automatic editing and show
things as they really are.