Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:38:27 +1100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> A simple update after a few days can easily require to transfer 10 MB.

Ah, thanks, that'd be very borderline.  If it's potentially every commit
then it's a killer.  I wonder if the wiki could put the requirements up
front a bit more.  Without being too provocative something like

    The repo is about 300Mb.  An initial checkout will download it in
    full and may use about 1Gb of RAM while doing so.  Subsequent
    commits and updates could transfer as much as 10Mb even for modest
    changes.

> Maybe somebody could create a temporary mirror with a smart server on
> it for folks like you.  It could be "by invitation only" to limit
> bandwidth and server wear-and-tear.

Or beg an ssh to someone with bandwidth (and who doesn't have to pay for
it :-).

You know for all that these fancy rcs's were motivated by shortcomings
of cvs on big projects, they really don't scale well to big projects!