Re: 'bzr init-repo .' crashes for lack of module bz2. Help, please!

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: 'bzr init-repo .' crashes for lack of module bz2. Help, please!
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:16:36 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Alan,

> I want a straightforward command line packaging system, so I'm going
> with gentoo on my next system.

That's what I use since about 5 years, too, and basically I'm very
satisfied with it.  But a few month ago, I skrewed the gentoo package
manager (don't ever delete /var/db/), but restoring was pretty easy.
Backing up /etc and my $HOME, 12 hours of compilation time, and the
system was as it was before again...  The initial setup overhead is
pretty big, though.

One nice thing with gentoo is that they have a very helpful and
responsive emacs crew.

Another source distro you might want to have a look at is SourceMage
GNU/Linux, which seems to be even a bit nearer to LFS.

Bye,
Tassilo