open file and command substitution of bash

From: alin.s
Subject: open file and command substitution of bash
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 07:37:30 -0800 (PST)

I try to start emacs reading a file from a fifo, and I cannot.

I tried to do so:

exec 5< <(ls)

In this case , <(ls) returns a file descriptor, and I duplicate it in file
descriptor 5.

Then I start emacs so:

emacs /dev/fd/5

The result: File exists, but cannot be read...

This happens because emacs cannot read pipe files...

However, I suppose that emacs uses pipes for implementing processes... It
cannot read its stdin from a pipe and create a buffer with?

Thanks for any clarification.