Re: git mirror?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: git mirror?
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:47:24 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Chances are that the resulting git tree is identical to the one on
>>> repo.or.cz.
>>
>> That would be swell,
>
> That turned out to be not the case, because some commit messages
> contained non-UTF-8 characters, which were mangled during bzr import.

I also notice an issue with RCS keywords being expanded differently (in
the CVS checkout I guess).

[I delete those from the repository as soon as I notice them, but people
keep adding new ones... and they're part of history forever I guess.   argh...]

-Miles

--
It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill.
It was yours.  [Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990]